If you are forced to choose a Southington roofing contractor with which you are unfamiliar, speak with multiple roofers before signing anything. Reputable roofing contractors would agree that the following processes should always be taken before signing any contracts:
- Inquire about a contractor’s references to guarantee they keep their commitments. Any contractor worth your business should be happy to supply you with the names and email addresses of prior customers who can speak to their experience. Inquire as to whether they would use the storm damage contractor again.
- Conduct due diligence on the contractor’s reputation by contacting industry organizations such as the Better Business Bureau or internet review sites such as BuildZoom.
- Inquire about the contractor’s credentials, licenses, and insurance to verify that his or her work is completely supported and that you are covered in the event that something goes wrong, such as an injury on your property.
- Obtain from the contractor a formal estimate, contract, and any additional assurances. These documents are critical in outlining the scope of the project, including the work, materials, pricing, and schedule. Before you sign anything, get it reviewed by an attorney to guarantee it is error-free.
- Obtain a Copy of the Final Signed Contract and Save it Safely
- Never approve work before it is completed. A contractor acting as a partner should never require you to sign completion paperwork or make payment until you are completely pleased with the work performed.
Now that you know what to do in the event of storm damage, you can begin preparing to restore order to your house. A hurricane can strike your region at virtually any moment, wreaking havoc on your property and leaving you with a massive mess to clean up and astronomical repair expenses. If a thunderstorm, strong winds, hail, or a snowstorm strike your neighborhood, you’ll want to be prepared.
Take precautionary actions immediately, as you never know when the next storm will strike. When the storm strikes; prioritize your safety and that of your family before inspecting, recording, reporting, and repairing the damage. After the storm passes, it may be time to improve your house to make it more resilient to future storms.
H. Kulak & Son are the Southington Roofing Experts
You’ve come to the correct spot if you’re looking for a reputable roofer. H. Kulak & Son LLC is a well-established roofer in Southington, Connecticut, and our mission is to serve our customers with high-quality roofing and exterior services. We’re a GAF Certified roofing contractor, so you can count on us for quality and reliability.