When it comes to regular vehicle breakdowns, replacing your car is critical. It is also a good idea to replace your roof if it is stained or frayed. When your clothes become old, frayed, or stained, it is time to replace them. And just by looking at the features of the newest phone, you know it may be time to replace the old one. The same is true for Plainville roofing replacements.
Many homeowners cannot always tell when they need a new roof unless it is destroyed by the weather. A few changes to the roof’s shingles will only solve the problem for so long. So, here are a few warning signs that your roof needs to be replaced.
- A roof is typically covered by a 20-year warranty – So, if the warranty is about to expire, that is, if the two-decade period is coming to an end, you should seriously consider purchasing and installing a new one.
- It appears to be unappealing from the street – The roof of your house must be appealing from the curb. If it is not, you do not want to detract from it with your roof. It looks back from the street because of large areas of disrepair, widespread streaking, and worn areas around chimneys and vents.
- The shingles appear to be damaged – A close examination of your roof’s shingles is also required. If they appear wet, stained, curled, bent, broken, or darker than normal, or if they are completely missing while you are making a note of them from the street, Plainville roof repair must be considered immediately.
- Granules are scattered everywhere – As shingles deteriorate, they break off into smaller pieces that resemble coarse, dark sand. If you notice granules in your gutters, landscaping, or yard, they are all coming from the roof.
- Paint – Leaky roofs that are peeling, staining, or bubbling is common causes of deterioration of the exterior paint around the roof-line. It can also seep into your home’s walls, staining them on the inside.
- The decking is unsightly – Roofing decks are typically the support systems that hold the roof and shingles in place. If the beams show signs of sagging or damage, the shingles and roof deck must both be replaced.
- The decking leaks into your attic – The deck is supposed to leak into your attic after a rainstorm or when the snow melts. Also, if you can see light through your roof, it may be time to replace it.
- Rising energy bills – A good roof will act as an insulator, keeping heat out of your home. If it is not working properly, there will be a noticeable difference in utility bills, resulting in far more efficient heater and air conditioner operation.
You have come to the right place if you are looking for a dependable roofer. H. Kulak & Son is a well-established Plainville roofing contractor whose goal is to provide quality roofing and exterior services that satisfy our customers. We make it a point to use only the highest quality materials and hire only the most skilled, experienced, and knowledgeable installers.